Thursday, August 6, 2009

MUZAK: CLASSIXX



Last night Classixx did a guest DJ spot and interview with Raul Campos on KCRW. Classixx have grown a lot since I first met them back in the "hush hush" days (a party they threw that if i remember correctly started in their basement apartment in echo park...then again I was drunk so I could be wrong). They have produced songs and remixes for groups like the Ting Tings, Phoenix, and Holy Ghost, and even played live (?) at EDC.

I like their sound a lot, and their DJ set for KCRW was very...chilled out disco, which I can appreciate greatly while listening to from the comfort of my desk. Maybe I'm a little biased, but my favorite song they have done so far is "I'll Get You" along with my good friend Jeppe, Although their major lazor remix I'm definitely feeling as well. Good luck to Classixx, I wish them more and more success, which I'm sure they will achieve.

If you didn't catch it last night, here is their KCRW mix:


I'll Get You (feat. Jeppe)

Cash Flow (Classixx Glass Bottom Dub Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment